Spring Bay Mussels in Tomato Sauce
- 1kg packet Spring Bay Mussels
- 2 tablespoons Mount Bernard Olives - Picual
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves Wildes Lane Spanish Roja garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml "The Royals" Queen of Hearts 2016 Chardonnay
- 1 cup (250g) NOGO Sweet Basil and White Wine Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup torn basil
1. Heat a large heavy based pot with a tight fitting lid over a low heat.
2. Add the olive oil then add the red onion, garlic and some freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until the red onion is clear and soft.
3. Increase the heat to medium, add the wine and tomato and cook for 6 - 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by 1/2 in volume. Taste the sauce and add the sugar to soften the sourness of the tomato if needed.
4. Open the packet of mussels and pour into a colander, give them a light rinse.
5. Pour the mussels into the boiling tomato mixture, give them a stir and then quickly put on the lid. Cook for 3 minutes or until the mussels open. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve with the cooking liquid and some crunchy bread - we recommend the Organic Spelt, Buckwheat & Polenta Loaf from Zeally Bay Sourdough.